Definition of Capital of west virginia
1. Noun. State capital of West Virginia in the central part of the state on the Kanawha river.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Mountain State, West Virginia, Wv
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of West Virginia
Literary usage of Capital of west virginia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Annual Cyclopedia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1871)
"who, at my instance, promptly repaired to the capital of West Virginia, and urged upon the Governor and Legislature the propriety ana necessity of prompt ..."
2. The Eclectic Elementary Geography (1883)
"What is the capital of West Virginia ?—What two cities on the Ohio River ? On what river is Washington ? In what district is it ? 8. ..."
3. The Virginias, a Mining, Industrial & Scientific Journal, Devoted to the by Jedediah Hotchkiss (1880)
"... and then, without delay, finishing i ton, the future capital of West Virginia. These are coal, the link between the Ashland road and Mt. Sterling. ..."
4. History of West Virginia by Virgil Anson Lewis (1887)
"... removed to the mouth of Elk river, where, the same year, they reared the first structure ever built on the site of the present capital of West Virginia. ..."