Medical Definition of Capitellum
1. Synonym: capitulum. Synonym: capitulum of humerus. Origin: L. Dim. Of caput, head (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capitellum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capitellum
Literary usage of Capitellum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Practical treatise on fractures and dislocations by Lewis Atterbury Stimson (1907)
"Hahn ' reports an old specimen in which the capitellum had united with the front of the humérus after displacement upward and rotation. ..."
2. Dislocations and joint-fractures by Frederic Jay Cotton (1910)
"FRACTURE OF THE capitellum This is the "fractura rotuli humeri" described by Kocher. He cites several cases; the writer has met with it once. ..."
3. A Practical Treatise on Fractures and Dislocations by Lewis Atterbury Stimson (1905)
"These include fractures of the whole or part of the capitellum, of the inner portion of the trochlea, and of the capitellum and ..."
4. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1900)
"In addition to this, it must bo remembered always that at the eighth year the external condyle and capitellum unite, so that after the eighth year one ..."
5. Transactions of the American Roentgen Ray Society by American Roentgen Ray Society (1905)
"The faint serration indicates the line of separation of the capitellum. The shape of the radial epiphysis has broadened while its thickness has not ..."
6. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1907)
"After the thirteenth year there are only possible, epiphyseal separations of the three coalesced nuclei (external epicondyle, capitellum,and trochlea) and ..."