2. Adjective. (chiefly India) Able to be traveled by cart ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cartable
1. cart [adj] - See also: cart
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cartable Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cartable
Literary usage of Cartable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography by Historical Society of Pennsylvania (1886)
"Cave- ated because the Lott within granted is supposed to be the cartable Landing Place of this Town & so hath been accordingly ordered by the Governor and ..."
2. Annals of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania, in the Olden Time: In the Olden by John Fanning Watson (1857)
"... the end of the street, near the Blue Anchor, being the only cartable landing place to serve the south end of the town, and has been so used and enjoyed, ..."
3. Pennsylvania Archives by Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth, Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State library, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State Library (1890)
"... only by a piece of paper and cartable in the form of an instruction from Philip Calvert, Secretary, written without year or day, or no name or place, ..."
4. Flora of the Southern United States: Containing an Abridged Description of by Alvan Wentworth Chapman (1897)
"Swamp« and shallow ponds, Georgia to North Carolina. » » Leaves terete, knotted: stamen» 6 (cartable' in No. ..."