Definition of Catalina island
1. Noun. An island resort in the Pacific off the southwestern coast of California.
Group relationships: City Of The Angels, Los Angeles, Pacific, Pacific Ocean
Generic synonyms: Island
Lexicographical Neighbors of Catalina Island
Literary usage of Catalina island
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences by California Academy of Sciences (1914)
"SANTA catalina island. One salamander, two lizards and a rattlesnake have been reported from Santa catalina island. We now are able to add a Hyla, ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"Six specimens of quail from Santa catalina island, California, present characters constantly different from those of the series of mainland quail examined. ..."
3. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1901)
"ARCHEOLOGY OF catalina island. BY JB MEAD, WICHITA. Read before the Academy December 29, 1900. Out in the Pacific ocean, 20 to 100 miles off the coast of ..."
4. The Quarterly (1901)
"HISTORY OF SANTA catalina island BY MRS. M. BURTON WILLIAMSON. (Read Dec. 7, 1903.) Santa Catalina is one of an interesting group of islands lying south of ..."
5. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1904)
"The following eight species of Formicidae were collected on catalina island, California, during the spring of 1904, by Prof. CF Baker of Pomona College, ..."
6. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th Series by California academy of sciences (1906)
"A single specimen collected at Avalon, Santa catalina island, by Mr. AM Drake (Cal. Acad. Sci. No. 3726) seems indistinguishable from the mainland species. ..."
7. The Channel Islands of California: A Book for the Angler, Sportsman, and Tourist by Charles Frederick Holder, Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo (1910)
"28 PEBBLE BEACH, SANTA catalina island 32 LITTLE HARBOR, SOUTH COAST, ... THE BAIT CATCHERS OF SANTA catalina island 47 Hauling seine for sardines ..."