2. Noun. (slang) Acrimonious fighting or bickering, especially between females. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Catfight
1. a fight between two women [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Catfight Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Catfight
Literary usage of Catfight
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Turn of the Century: 2100 by Charlie Pedersen (2007)
"... catfight. The final draft was concurred by all, and distributed to all council members, including agents now totaling forty-six participants. ..."
2. Surviving Twilight: A Soldier's Chronicle of Daily Life in Iraq by Shane A. Bernskoetter (2005)
"This afternoon some of our guys went over to Camp Victory to see the Miller Lite catfight Girls that came in as part of the Hollywood ambassador tour. ..."
3. Play Nice, Make Money by W. T. McKibben (2007)
"The SEC slapped them again for smoothing over the reason why a member of their Board of Directors resigned in the midst of the catfight. ..."
4. Apollo's Warriors: US Air Force Special Operations During the Cold War by Michael E. Haas (1997)
"Indeed, the fur was about to fly between the two superpowers as they squared off in a bloody catfight a long way from Africa. ..."