Definition of Cementing
1. Verb. (present participle of cement) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cementing
1. cement [v] - See also: cement
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cementing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cementing
Literary usage of Cementing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Elements of Chemical and Physical Geology by Gustav Bischof (1859)
"The examinations that have been made show that the principal cementing ... Where these sandstone strata underlie limestone, the cementing material may be, ..."
2. Cements, Limes, and Plasters: Their Materials, Manufacture, and Properties by Edwin Clarence Eckel (1905)
"COMPLEX cementing MATERIALS: including all those cementing materials whose ... OXYCHLORIDE cementing MATERIALS: setting properties due to the formation of ..."
3. Bulletin (1906)
"The cementing tests on the powder of different Wisconsin rocks have not been very satisfactory, as they do not agree among themselves. ..."
4. Cements, Limes, and Plasters: Their Materials, Manufacture, and Properties by Edwin Clarence Eckel (1922)
"THE present volume is devoted to consideration of the various cementing materials used by the engineer for structural purposes. With this broad use of the ..."
5. Engineering Geology: By Heinrich Ries and Thomas L. Watson by Heinrich Ries, Thomas Leonard Watson (1914)
"cementing value. — By cementing value is meant the binding power of the road ... cementing value should not be confused with the property possessed by ..."
6. The American Petroleum Industry by Raymond Foss Bacon, William Allen Hamor (1916)
"cementing WELLS The cementing of boreholes for the purpose of withholding or shutting off water has been satisfactorily accomplished in many oil fields. ..."
7. Deep Well Drilling: The Principles and Practices of Deep Well Drilling, and by Walter Henry Jeffery (1921)
"The methods most generally employed in cementing are described in the ... PERKINS PROCESS FOR cementing CASING One of the most successful methods of ..."
8. Text-book of the Materials of Engineering by Herbert Fisher Moore, Harrison Frederick Gonnerman (1920)
"CHAPTER XVII cementing MATERIALS: GYPSUM, LIME, NATURAL CEMENT, AND PORTLAND ... The principal cementing materials used in structural work are gypsum, ..."