Definition of Cerastium alpinum
1. Noun. Widespread in the Arctic and on mountains in Europe.
Generic synonyms: Chickweed, Clammy Chickweed, Mouse Ear, Mouse Eared Chickweed, Mouse-ear Chickweed
Cerastium Alpinum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cerastium Alpinum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cerastium Alpinum
Literary usage of Cerastium alpinum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"On serpentine and limestone rocks, New York to Maryland, southern Ontario, Minnesota and Colorado. May- July. 8. cerastium alpinum L. Alpine Chickweed. Fig. ..."
2. Plant-geography Upon a Physiological Basis by Andreas Franz Wilhelm Schimper (1903)
"... Eritrichium villosum, cerastium alpinum, Aira caespitosa. According to Kjellman, this feature is specially marked at the most unfavourable stations (Fig ..."
3. The Phytologist: A Botanical Journal edited by Alexander Irvine (1861)
"The micaceous crags of this district are mainly carpeted with Silene acaulis, Sax. oppositifolia and aizoides, cerastium alpinum, ..."
4. The Phytologist: A Popular Botanical Miscellany edited by George Luxford, Edward Newman (1846)
"423) Mr. James Backhouse records the finding of cerastium alpinum on Striden Edge, Helvellyn ; and he adds, " a plant frequently met with in Scotland, ..."