Definition of Cerebral artery
1. Noun. Any of the arteries supplying blood to the cerebral cortex.
Generic synonyms: Arteria, Arterial Blood Vessel, Artery
Specialized synonyms: Anterior Cerebral Artery, Middle Cerebral Artery, Posterior Cerebral Artery, Temporal Artery
Cerebral Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cerebral Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cerebral Artery
Literary usage of Cerebral artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Quain's Elements of Anatomy by Jones Quain, Edward Albert Sharpey-Schäfer, George Dancer Thane, Johnson Symington (1893)
"All the convolutions of the parietal lobe are usually supplied by the middle cerebral artery. Occipital lobe.—This lobe is supplied entirely by the ..."
2. A German-English dictionary of terms used in medicine and the allied sciences by Hugo Lang, Bertram Abrahams (1905)
"... rudiment of brain i-anstrengung, /. cerebral or ital strain i-armut, /. want or ill-develop- it of brain i-arterie, /. a cerebral artery ..."
3. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1893)
"commencement of the anterior cerebral artery ; they pierce the anterior ... The branches of the middle cerebral artery are— Antero-lateral Ganglionic. ..."
4. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"In anterior cerebral artery strokes, sensory deficits are usually absent and motor ... In posterior cerebral artery strokes, both sensation and motor ..."