Definition of Ceviche
1. Noun. (cooking) A form of seafood appetizer marinaded in citrus, found primarily in Latin America ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ceviche
1. seviche [n -S] - See also: seviche
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ceviche Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ceviche
Literary usage of Ceviche
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bolivia by Vivien Lougheed (2006)
"The first concern is the food and they carry every type of ceviche imaginable. ... A large plate of ceviche and a beer is under $3. ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Guatemala by Shelagh McNally (2003)
"Try the sea bass (robalo), shark (tiburón) or shrimp ceviche. Kaiman Inn, next door to Johnny's Place, -a 502/369-1258. The Kaiman Inn serves the best ..."
3. Mexico's Pacific Coast by Vivien Lougheed (2004)
"... his specialty was ceviche. If you are stopping here for an afternoon beer, try a ceviche snack. ..."
4. Crucibles of Hazard: Mega-Cities and Disasters in Transition by James K. Mitchell (1999)
"During the epidemic there was tremendous controversy over the eating of ceviche, Peru's national dish, which is made from marinated raw seafood. ..."
5. Costa Rica Alive! by Bruce Morris (2002)
"MACHU FICHU Calle 32, Avenida 1/3 w 506-222-7384 $8 Peruvian Machu Fichu is the place for ceviche in San José. ceviche is popular all over Costa Rica, ..."
6. Adventure Guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands by Peter Krahenbul (2003)
"ceviche is a typical coastal dish, served as an appetizer ... Be careful though, as ceviche may include raw seafood and shellfish, which are not recommended ..."
7. Pocket Adventures Guatemala by Shelagh McNally (2006)
"Try the sea bass P"ces are per pe[f (robalo), shark (tiburón) or shrimp L ceviche. All hotels are on the beach and jjj' ' [ the most important things to ..."
8. Adventure Guide to Texas by Kimberly Young (1999)
"Nestled up along the water and the Sea Ranch Marina, Sea Ranch offers fare for any palate, from Tex-Mex to steaks to fresh ceviche. ..."