Definition of Charter member
1. Noun. One of the original members when an organization was founded.
Charter Member Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Charter Member Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Charter Member
Literary usage of Charter member
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Part Taken by Women in American History by John A. Logan, Mary Simmerson Cunningham Logan (1912)
"She is a charter member of the Vassar Alumnae Historical Society and was one of the first five women to become members of the South Carolina Historical ..."
2. Courts and Lawyers of Pennsylvania: A History, 1623-1923 by Frank Marshall Eastman (1922)
"... was charter member of the League to Enforce Peace. He is a Mason and Knights Templar ; and is a member of the First Presbyterian Church, of York, ..."
3. A Cyclopedia of American Medical Biography: Comprising the Lives of Eminent by Howard Atwood Kelly (1912)
"He was a charter member of the Chicago Gynecological Society, and its president in 1883. From 1889 until his death he occupied the position of president of ..."
4. A Century and a Half of Pittsburg and Her People by John Newton Boucher, John Woolf Jordan (1908)
"He is a charter member of the Homewood Free and Accepted Masons, No. 635, of Ascalon Commandery, KT, No. 59, and is a charter member of Belmar Lodge, ..."
5. History of Colorado by Wilbur Fiske Stone (1918)
"... to the Royal Arcanum, the Woodmen of the World, the Improved Order of Red Men and the Knights of Pythias, and is a charter member of Elks Lodge, No. ..."
6. Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and by William Richard Cutter (1908)
"He was a charter member of Eman- uel Unitarian Church, of which Bishop Hun- tington was formerly the minister. Mr. Goldthwait was also a parishioner of Dr. ..."