Definition of Chattahoochee
1. Noun. A river rising in northern Georgia and flowing southwest and south to join the Flint River at the Florida border where they form the Apalachicola River.
Group relationships: Empire State Of The South, Ga, Georgia, Peach State
Generic synonyms: River
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chattahoochee Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chattahoochee
Literary usage of Chattahoochee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventures in the Wilds of the United States and British American Provinces by Charles Lanman (1856)
"THE chattahoochee RIVER. ON leaving Tallahassee I took the coach to the ... Our road as we approached the chattahoochee, was much blocked up with fallen ..."
2. Autobiography of Oliver Otis Howard, Major-general, United States Army by Oliver Otis Howard (1907)
"Between the point where the railroad from Marietta crosses the chattahoochee and Howell's Ferry five miles below, is that singular stream, the Nickajack. ..."
3. Dams and Rivers: Primer on the Downstream Effects of Dams by Michael Collier, Robert H. Webb, John C. Schmidt (1998)
"The chattahoochee Corridor from Buford down- . stream to Atlanta is a prize trout fishery. Metropolitan Atlanta has ready access to the chattahoochee River ..."
4. Modern American Poetry by Louis Untermeyer (1921)
"But such a vigorous ballad as " The Song of the chattahoochee," lyrics like " Night and Day" ... SONG OF THE chattahoochee l Out of the hills of Habersham, ..."
5. Modern American Poetry by Louis Untermeyer (1921)
"But such a vigorous ballad as " The Song of the chattahoochee," lyrics like " Night and Day" ... SONG OF THE chattahoochee » Out of the hills of Habersham, ..."
6. Special Report by Geological Survey of Alabama, Columbia University, School of Dental and Oral Surgery (1894)
"On the chattahoochee the last rocks of the next underlying group are seen just ... of these rocks I shall give an extract from my chattahoochee section, ..."
7. Bulletin by Geological Survey of Georgia (1916)
"APALACHICOLA GROUP2 The Apalachicola group of the Oligocene series in Georgia includes the chattahoochee and Alum Bluff formations. ..."