Definition of Cheese sauce
1. Noun. White sauce with grated cheese.
Cheese Sauce Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cheese Sauce Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cheese Sauce
Literary usage of Cheese sauce
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Home Cook Book: A Collection of Practical Receipts by Expert Cooks (1905)
"... Sauce—Beefsteak Sauce—Bread Sauce—Brown Sauce—Drawn Butter—Drawn Butter for Fish—Caper Sauce—Cauliflower Sauce—Celery Sauce— cheese sauce—Cranberry ..."
2. The Book of Cheese by Charles Thom, Walter Warner Fisk (1918)
"cheese sauce No. i 1 cupful of milk. 1 ounce of cheese (J cupful of 2 ... cheese sauce No. 2 Same as cheese sauce No. 1, except that the cheese is increased ..."
3. Meatless Cookery: With Special Reference to Diet for Heart Disease, Blood by Maria McIlvaine Gillmore (1914)
"It may be seasoned with a little curry powder. cheese sauce NO. 2 Same as Cheese Sauce No. i except that the cheese is increased ..."
4. Composition on Foods: Fast Foods (Raw, Processed, Prepared) by Lynn E. Dickey, John L. Weihrauch (1988)
"285 Onion rings, breaded, and fried .102 Potato: Baked and topped: With cheese sauce . 272 With cheese sauce and bacon .277 ..."
5. The Boston Cooking School Magazine of Culinary Science and Domestic Economics by Mass Boston Cooking School (Boston, Boston Cooking School (Boston, Mass.) (1907)
"Macaroni Croquettes, cheese sauce. Corn-meal Muffins. Cereal Coffee. Luncheon Onions Baked with Celery, Cream Sauce. Graham Bread and Butter. Banana Pie. ..."
6. The Malone Cook Book by Mrs George Hawkins (1917)
"Rice Omelet with cheese sauce.— To a cup of boiled rice add a tablespoon of ... When done spread a little cheese sauce over one-half, fold and turn upon a ..."
7. Lessons in Cookery by Frances Elizabeth Stewart (1918)
"The following is an average recipe for cheese sauce: % c. or more grated cheese 1 ... Such a cheese sauce as the foregoing is useful in many "complete" and ..."
8. Better Meals for Less Money by Mrs Marietta McPherson Greenough (1917)
"cheese sauce 1 tablespoon butter % cup cheese cut fine 1% tablespoons flour Vi ... cheese sauce WITH CHIVES Follow directions for cheese sauce (see No. ..."