¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Chicana
1. a type of American [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chicana Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chicana
chicana (current term)
Literary usage of Chicana
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Racial and Ethnic Tensions in American Communities: Poverty, Inequality edited by Mary Frances Berry (2000)
"Testimony of Sophia Esparza, Director, chicana Service Action Center, Inc. DR. RUDERT. ... Ms. Esparza, as director of the chicana Service Action Center, ..."
2. One America Indivisible: A National Conversation on American Pluralism and by Sheldon Hackney (1999)
"chicana activist, speaking to the white historian: "I think your scared. ... chicana activist: "I see what you mean. But it's just not going to work. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1892)
"... Cerasus Virginiana; in Colorado on its close ally Cerasus demissa; in North Carolina sparingly on Prunus chicana; and in the White Mountains on the red ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1903)
"chicana tribune. THOMAS M. LINDSAY, DD THE CHURCH AND THE MINISTRY IN THE EARLY CENTURIES By THOMAS M. LINDSAY, DD, Principal of Glasgow College. ..."