Definition of Christian bible
1. Noun. The sacred writings of the Christian religions. "He went to carry the Word to the heathen"
Generic synonyms: Religious Text, Religious Writing, Sacred Text, Sacred Writing
Specialized synonyms: Family Bible
Specialized synonyms: Vulgate, Douay Bible, Douay Version, Douay-rheims Bible, Douay-rheims Version, Rheims-douay Bible, Rheims-douay Version, Authorized Version, King James Bible, King James Version, Revised Version, New English Bible, American Revised Version, American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version
Terms within: Old Testament, Testament, New Testament, Text
Examples of category: Covenant, Eisegesis, Exegesis, Gabriel, Noachian Deluge, Noah And The Flood, Noah's Flood, The Flood, Demythologise, Demythologize
Derivative terms: Biblical, Biblical, Scriptural
Christian Bible Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Christian Bible Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Christian Bible
Literary usage of Christian bible
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1910)
"... on the contrary, are true letters, drawn out by special occasions, colored by definite situations. They are a unique element in the christian bible. ..."
2. A Primer of the Bible by Sir William Henry Bennett (1897)
"CHAPTER VII THE FORMATION OF THE christian bible WHEN the Christian Church was formed, it found a Bible actually in existence. ..."
3. The Bible in the Church: A Popular Account of the Collection and Reception by Brooke Foss Westcott (1896)
"... THE FIRST christian bible. ... Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the chief corner stone. — li|)h.-ii. ..."
4. The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors, Or, Christianity Before Christ by Kersey Graves (1876)
"Allen, 1400 BC) contains all the doctrines of Christianity, then away goes over the dam all claim for the christian bible as an original revelation, ..."
5. A Treatise on Differential Equations by George Boole (1872)
"Two appendices on the History of the Old Testament Canon before the Christian Era, and on the Contents of the most ancient MSS. of the christian bible, ..."