Definition of Cider mill
1. Noun. Mill that extracts juice from apples to make apple cider.
Cider Mill Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cider Mill Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cider Mill
Literary usage of Cider mill
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Judicature by William Johnson (1860)
"Plea: that, prior to said 9th of May, the time of taking said cider mill and ... Tremper, by sundry conveyances, and the said cider mill and press were, ..."
2. Quabbin: The Story of a Small Town with Outlooks Upon Puritan Life by Francis Henry Underwood (1893)
"... CHAPTER XXIV THE CIDER-MILL ABIJAH CROMBIE'S cider-mill was somewhat off the main road, upon a bank that sloped toward the river. ..."
3. Pioneers of Science in America: Sketches of Their Lives and Scientific Work by William Jay Youmans (1896)
"NETHER STONE OF JOHN BARTRAM'S cider mill. correct likeness of Mr. Bartram, and the only engraved one ever given to the American public. ..."
4. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1856)
"Mowing Machine ; MG Leonard, Elgin, 111., Mowing and Reaping Machine; William A. Gill, Columbus, Portable cider mill, Vegetable Root Cutters, Straw and Hay ..."
5. A Selection of Cases on the Law of Torts by James Barr Ames, Jeremiah Smith (1893)
"... and their general powers, alleged, That the plaintiffs being lawfully possessed in their own right of a certain building with a cider- mill therein, ..."