Definition of Cinder track
1. Noun. A racetrack paved with fine cinders.
Cinder Track Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cinder Track Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cinder Track
Literary usage of Cinder track
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Railway Bridges and Buildings: Official Reports, Association by American Railway Bridge and Building Association (1898)
"Briefly, it is to run the depressed cinder track directly underneath the track on which the engine stands, in a walled pit just wide enough to admit the ..."
2. Breeding and Developing the Trotter by John Bradburn (1906)
"Soil.— Water.— Size of Farm.— Acres of Land per Head.— The Track.— Rules for Laying out Track. — The cinder track.— Paddocks. ..."
3. The English Illustrated Magazine (1892)
"In no college will the freshman fail to find an old habitue of the cinder-track who will march off his new ally to buy his OUAC ticket, the sole necessary ..."
4. The American State Reports: Containing the Cases of General Value and by Abraham Clark Freeman (1904)
"... an instruction that declared the defendant liable if the defendant authorized Knight and others to take cinders from the vicinity of the cinder track, ..."
5. California Play and Pageantby California University. English Club by California University. English Club (1913)
"The bonfire conflagration in the midst of the cinder track where the first rally was held was not in itself sufficient to justify the apparel on necessitous ..."
6. The Encyclopaedia of Sport by Frederick George Aflalo, Hedley Peek (1897)
"Then should follow a week or fortnight of easy exercise on the cinder- track, consisting chiefly of sprinting and a little high jumping. ..."
7. Annual Report of the American Scenic and Historic Preservation Society to by American Scenic and Historic Preservation Society (1912)
"The " straight away " of this bicycle track is paralleled by a 220 yard cinder track for runners, and at the eastern end of the infield is a circular ..."