Definition of Circle around
1. Verb. Move around in a circular motion. "The Earth revolves around the Sun"
Circle Around Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Circle Around Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Circle Around
Literary usage of Circle around
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides (1873)
"The latter, instead of continuing to sweep in a circle around the stationary vessel, ... circle around ..."
2. Journal of Applied Psychology by American Psychological Association, American Association for Applied Psychology (1922)
"Draw a circle around one of the symbols after each occupation, as follows: Draw a circle around L if you would like doing that kind of work. ..."
3. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"... to secure burial in the vicinity of a martyr's tomb. a wide circle around the city, the majority being about half an hour's walk from the city-gate. ..."
4. The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides (1858)
"Tessel in pursuit of the Athenian ship. The latter, instead of contin- ing to sweep in a circle around the stationary vessel, ..."
5. Nature by Norman Lockyer (1878)
"... either a corona formed of luminous particles arranged in a circle around the electrode (Fig. 8), an arc bordered with a fringe of brilliant rays (Fig. ..."
6. The Annals of Tennessee to the End of the Eighteenth Century: Comprising Its by James Gettys McGready Ramsey (1853)
"... tactics—the speaker alone standing, while his colleagues sat upon the ground, in a circle around him, in respectful silence and with fixed attention. ..."
7. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1900)
"The aerial dissemination of infection appears to be confirmed by division of the mile circle around the hospital into quadrants. ..."
8. Social games and group dances: a collection of games and dances suitable for by James Claude Elsom, Blanche Mathilde Trilling (1919)
"... Formation: In groups of four, forming a circle around the room. Each group consists of two couples facing each other, thus: OXXO The girl is on the ..."