Definition of Citrus whitefly
1. Noun. Whitefly that attacks citrus trees.
Group relationships: Aleyrodes, Genus Aleyrodes
Generic synonyms: Whitefly
Citrus Whitefly Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Citrus Whitefly Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Citrus Whitefly
Literary usage of Citrus whitefly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Economic Entomology by Entomological Society of America, American Association of Economic Entomologists (1911)
"ORGANIZED EFFORTS AS A FACTOR IN THE CONTROL OF THE citrus whitefly By AW ... Estimated Expense of Competent Supervisory Organizations The citrus whitefly ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"... discovered this fungus in 1896 growing parasitically upon the citrus whitefly at Manatee, Fla. He described in detail the sterile form of the fungus.1 ..."
3. The Hawaiian Forester and Agriculturist: Quarterly Magazine of Forestry by Hawaii (1916)
"... thunbergia) were badly infested with the citrus whitefly (Aley- rodes citir) bearing its fungus ..."
4. Citrus Fruits: An Account of the Citrus Fruit Industry, with Special by John Eliot Coit (1915)
""Webber's 'Brown Fungus' of the citrus whitefly." Science, NS Voi. 31, No. 806, p. 912, 1910. "Silver Scurf of the Orange." Fla. Exp. Sta. Rpt. 1910. ..."
5. The Journal of Economic Biology by Walter Edward Collinge, A. H. Reginald Buller, George Herbert Carpenter, Robert Newstead, Arthur Everett Shipley (1908)
"Berger, EW—The citrus whitefly of Florida consists of two species. Journ. Econ. Entom., 1908, vol. i, pp. 324, 325. Chittenden, FH—The Strawberry Weevil ..."