2. Noun. (context: mostly in compounds) A member of a particular class ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Classer
1. one that classes [n -S]
Literary usage of Classer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Cotton System Historically Treated: Showing Operations of the by Thomas Southworth Miller (1909)
"... the buyers before the arrival of the classer ("take-up man") arrange the cotton bales in rows or suitable shape to be gone over to best advantage; ..."
2. Dictionnaire Des Sciences Philosophiques by Adolphe Franck (1844)
"Serait-ce classer avec méthode les phénomènes psychologiques ... Chaque point de vue ou propriété des objets peut servir à les classer, quand on ne cherche ..."
3. The Care of Ancient Monuments: An Account of the Legislative and Other by Gerard Baldwin Brown (1905)
"classer' is practically equivalent to our English verb ' to schedule' and to ... In its origin the term ' classer' seems to have had a rather more special ..."
4. The Land-systems of British India: Being a Manual of the Land-tenures and of by Baden Henry Baden-Powell (1892)
"The Assistant Superintendent tests from 5 to 15 per cent, himself, by doing the work over, without reference to what has been recorded by the native classer ..."