Definition of Clay sculpture
1. Noun. Sculpture produced by molding.
Generic synonyms: Sculpture
Derivative terms: Model, Mold, Mold, Mold, Mould, Mould, Mould
Clay Sculpture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clay Sculpture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clay Sculpture
Literary usage of Clay sculpture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Fine Arts: A Manual by Gerard Baldwin Brown (1910)
"The influence of material and technique shows itself in the fashionable picturesque sculpture of the day by the fact that it is essentially clay sculpture, ..."
2. History of Sculpture: From the Earliest Ages to the Present Time by Wilhelm Lübke (1872)
"... this is executed with incomparable freshness and sharpness in the purest forms and is a perfect wonder in clay sculpture. The twenty-nine arcades to the ..."
3. An Illustrated Dictionary of Words Used in Art and Archaeology by John William Mollett (1883)
"From the practice of preparing the model in clay, sculpture is also called the plastic art. A most remarkable incident in the history of sculpture, ..."
4. Artworks for Kids: Grades 1-6 by Evans Joy (2001)
"... Create a clay sculpture while learning the basic pull-out method. Let's Talk About It How does the clay feel and smell? What can be used to add texture ..."
5. Cities of Northern and Central Italy by Augustus John Cuthbert Hare (1876)
"All this is executed with incomparable freshness and sharpness in the purest forms, and is a perfect wonder in clay sculpture. The twenty- nine arcades to ..."
6. Cities of Northern Italy by Augustus John Cuthbert Hare (1884)
"All this is executed with incomparable freshness and sharpness in the purest forms, and is a perfect wonder in clay sculpture. The twenty-nine arcades to ..."