2. Verb. (third-person singular of clean) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cleans
1. clean [v] - See also: clean
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cleans
Literary usage of Cleans
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1857)
"It feeds itself and cleans its face with its fore-paws, sitting upright. The animal described by PP as “larger than a dormouse” I take to be the “loir ..."
2. English Hunger and Industrial Disorders: A Study of Social Conflict During by Walter James Shelton (1922)
"... THE COLLECTOR cleans HIS PICTURE Fill hominis, ecce ego tollo a te desiderabile oculorum tuorum in plaga. ..."
3. The English Works of Thomas Hobbes of Malmesbury by Thomas ( Hobbes (1845)
"... whilst ^'ie with ambrosia cleans'd her dainty skin, That as unto the house of Jove she went, The scent thereof ..."
4. Housewifery: A Manual and Text Book of Practical Housekeeping by Lydia Ray Balderston (1921)
"... rub the clothes top and bottom, and the mechanical principle is friction, and this, with the solvent power of the water, cleans the clothes. ..."