Definition of Clinical psychologist
1. Noun. A therapist who deals with mental and emotional disorders.
Generic synonyms: Healer, Therapist
Specialized synonyms: Coue, Emile Coue
Derivative terms: Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clinical Psychologist
Literary usage of Clinical psychologist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Careers for Women by Catherine Filene (1920)
"D. Assistant Director, Judge Baker Foundation, Boston, Massachusetts Description of occupation THE clinical psychologist is a worker in a comparatively new ..."
2. The Mental Health of the School Child: The Psycho-educational Clinic in by John Edward Wallace Wallin (1914)
"An expert experimental, educational or genetic psychologist is not, in any legitimate use of the word, a skilled clinical psychologist.2 The former has no ..."
3. Reflective Practice: Psychodynamic Ideas in the Communityby Leslie Swartz, Kerry Gibson, Tamara Gelman by Leslie Swartz, Kerry Gibson, Tamara Gelman (2002)
"CAROL STERLING is a clinical psychologist who was amongst the first to begin the Child ... LESLIE SWARTZ is a clinical psychologist and has a chair in the ..."
4. Schools and Classes for Exceptional Children by David Mitchell (1916)
"Diagnosis of mental status should be made by a clinical psychologist. ... These people are in the same relation to the clinical psychologist as the ..."
5. Publication by National Child Labor Committee (U.S.), Cleveland Foundation Survey Committee, Emergency Conservation Committee (U.S.) (1916)
"Diagnosis of mental status should be made by a clinical psychologist. The aim of psychology is to interpret various types of behavior. ..."
6. Yearbook by American Psychological Association (1892)
"1910, AM (ihid.) 1912, Ph.D. (ihid.) 1916. clinical psychologist of Puhlic Schools. Board of Education, Cleveland, Ohio. * R., clin. psychol., tests. ..."
7. The Journal of Educational Research by American Educational Research Association (1921)
"GWA Luckey (Lincoln, Nebraska) discussed "The Services of the clinical psychologist." He emphasized the importance of such adjustments as the clinical ..."
8. Treatment Services for Adolescent Substance Abusers by Alfred S. Friedman (1998)
"A battery of standardized psychological tests administered and interpreted by a qualified clinical psychologist (if the program has the resources to provide ..."