Definition of Clothes drier
1. Noun. A dryer that dries clothes wet from washing.
Generic synonyms: Drier, Dryer, White Goods
Specialized synonyms: Mangle, Spin Drier, Spin Dryer, Tumble Drier, Tumble-dryer, Wringer
Clothes Drier Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Clothes Drier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clothes Drier
Literary usage of Clothes drier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American law reports annotated (1920)
"It was held that there was no abuse of discretion on the part of the trial court in excluding evidence that, with the clothes-drier belt and shifting lever ..."
2. Popular Mechanics Shop Notes (1919)
"... Poultry Feeder with 2929 Clock, Shop Timekeeping, Decimal Dial on 2913 Cloth Signs, Quick Drying, Paint for. . 2919 clothes drier Attached to Kitchen ..."
3. Plumbing Plans and Specifications by John Joseph Cosgrove (1910)
"... a washing-machine, either power or hand; centrifugal wringer or separator for removing the free water from clothes; a clothes drier and ..."
4. Rose's Notes on the United States Supreme Court Reports (2 Dallas to 241 by Walter Malins Rose, Charles Lawrence Thompson, United States Supreme Court (1919)
"64, Barnes' patents for clothes drier and clothes drying-machine are valid and infringed; In re Heroult, ..."
5. The Expedition to the Philippines by Francis Davis Millet (1899)
"... see a laborer deliberately walk into the water, take off his garments one by one, wash them, put them on and walk away, a perambulating clothes-drier. ..."