Definition of Clotting factor
1. Noun. Any of the factors in the blood whose actions are essential for blood coagulation.
Generic synonyms: Plasma Protein
Specialized synonyms: Factor I, Fibrinogen, Factor Ii, Prothrombin, Factor Iii, Thrombokinase, Thromboplastin, Calcium Ion, Factor Iv, Accelerator Factor, Factor V, Proaccelerin, Prothrombin Accelerator, Cothromboplastin, Factor Vii, Proconvertin, Stable Factor, Antihaemophilic Factor, Antihaemophilic Globulin, Antihemophilic Factor, Antihemophilic Globulin, Factor Viii, Hemofil, Christmas Factor, Factor Ix, Factor X, Prothrombinase, Factor Xi, Plasma Thromboplastin Antecedent, Factor Xii, Hageman Factor, Factor Xiii, Fibrinase
Medical Definition of Clotting factor
Lexicographical Neighbors of Clotting Factor
Literary usage of Clotting factor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Blood Supply: Transfusion-Associated Risks by Marcia G. Crosse (1999)
"... clotting factor concentrates, used to control bleeding in patients with clotting factor deficiencies, such as hemophilia; and specific immune globulins, ..."
2. Blood Supply: FDA Oversight and Remaining Issues of Safety edited by Marcia G. Crosse (1999)
"... used to treat shock; immune globulin, used to prevent certain infectious diseases and to treat deficiencies of protein; clotting factor concentrates, ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... ordinary transfusion of plasma was the only available means of replacing the patient's deficient clotting factor. Fresh or fresh-frozen plasma is still ..."
4. The Journal of Experimental Medicine by Rockefeller University, Rockefeller Institute, Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research (1906)
"While hirudin, in the case of puppies at least, entirely obviates the clotting factor it introduces an equally fatal obstacle, ie, waterlogging of the ..."