Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coalbox Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coalbox
Literary usage of Coalbox
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. At Eternity's Shore: And Other Tales by Richard Murray (1912)
"... History of Private coalbox Soldiers of the Queen, men of Great Britain and Ireland, and of Hindustan, are rushed aboard HMS "Kohinoor" and are sailing ..."
2. Model houses for the industrial classes by Banister Fletcher (1871)
"coalbox and Closet.—Form where shown with 1^-inch square framing divided into two compartments in the height, the lower one 3 feet 6 inches high for ..."
3. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1870)
"... coalbox," and the Professor makes a mental note of it, in order to look out this particular nse of the word coalbox in the Dictionary) " he would come ..."
4. Opinions of the Press on the Fairlie Engine: Being a Series of Articles by Robert Francis Fairlie (1868)
"... say together 6£ tons of varying weight, non-tractive, upon a single Adams's radial axle in a tank, coalbox, and apparatus weighing about 55 cwt., ..."
5. The Annual Register edited by Edmund Burke (1862)
"The man had remained in this place for about half-an-hour, when he suddenly stepped forward to the coalbox, and, arming himself with a heavy poker, ..."
6. The British Essayists edited by Alexander Chalmers (1808)
"From speculation he proceeded to practice, and supplied himself with the tools of a carpenter, with which he mended his coalbox ..."