Definition of Colorado blue spruce
1. Noun. Tall spruce with blue-green needles and dense conic crown; older trees become columnar with lower branches sweeping downward.
Colorado Blue Spruce Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Colorado Blue Spruce Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Colorado Blue Spruce
Literary usage of Colorado blue spruce
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Forestry in Minnesota by Samuel Bowdlear Green, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota (1902)
"... tell the colorado blue spruce from the Engelmann Spruce by grasping the top of the young tree with the hand, when, if it pricks only a little, ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"The Norway spruce and colorado blue spruce are ... Tne colorado blue spruce is also short-lived in the eastern states and is altogether too conspicuous and ..."
3. Bulletin by North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station (Fargo) (1899)
"The colorado blue spruce is the most striking of all evergreens on account of its silvery blue color. It is hardy in northern latitudes, but should have ..."
4. Landscape Gardening as Applied to Home Decoration by Samuel Taylor Maynard (1915)
"colorado blue spruce (Picea pungens), Fig. 113.— Seedlings of this most beautiful spruce vary very much in F1G. 113.—colorado blue spruce (Picea ..."