Definition of Community center
1. Noun. A center where the members of a community can gather for social or cultural activities.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Community Center
Literary usage of Community center
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1916)
"It will be only after years of study, effort and experience, that the complete significance of the school as a community center will be realized in our ..."
2. Kids, Cops & Communities by Marcia R. Chaiken (1998)
"West Central community center Spokane's West Central neighborhood is a multiethnic community that has experienced some of Spokane's worst problems ..."
3. Employers and Child Care: Benefiting Work and Family (1994)
"Reserving Space in a community center If a good quality child care center ... Services provided through an existing community center can be started more ..."
4. Careers for Women by Catherine Filene (1920)
"The activities of a community-center worker are the most varied imaginable, ... Training suggested TRAINING for community-center work is given in the New ..."
5. Publication of the American Sociological Society by American Sociological Association (1919)
"THE community center IN SOCIAL EDUCATION JOHN COLLIER Training School for Community Workers, New York City The community center in social education will be ..."
6. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings [of The] Annual Meeting by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association (1921)
"Nine years of experience convinces us beyond doubt that the schoolhouse is the ideal community center. The schoolhouse is geographically the central point ..."