Definition of Congressional district
1. Noun. A territorial division of a state; entitled to elect one member to the United States House of Representatives.
Group relationships: American State
Congressional District Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Congressional District Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Congressional District
Literary usage of Congressional district
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Federal and State Constitutions: Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Francis N. Thorpe, United States (1909)
"... one member from each congressional district, for the term of four years, and the General Assembly shall fix the compensation of said Board. ..."
2. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1902)
"19, 1902. lo the Convention of Delegates of the Illinois Farmers'1 Institute: The delegates of the Ninth congressional district beg leave to report that ..."
3. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1903)
"24,1903. lo the Convention oj Delegates of the Illinois Farmers' Institute: The delegates of the Twelfth congressional district beg leave to report that ..."
4. Journal by United States, Congress (1912)
"Calaveras, Alpine, Tuolumne, Mariposa, Mono and Inyo shall constitute the Second congressional district. 3. The counties of Napa, Yolo, Sacramento, Solano, ..."