Definition of Congressional record
1. Noun. A published written account of the speeches and debates and votes of the United States Congress.
Congressional Record Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Congressional Record Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Congressional Record
Literary usage of Congressional record
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Publishers Weekly by R.R. Bowker Company, Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association (1892)
"The " usual number " of the congressional record shall not be printed. The Secretary of War is hereby directed to ascertain what number of copies of ¡Ae ..."
2. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, George Walter Prothero, John Gibson Lockhart, John Murray, Whitwell Elwin, John Taylor Coleridge, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, William Macpherson, William Smith (1896)
"ART. X.—1. One of the People. Life and Speeches of William McKinley. By Byron Andrews. Chicago, 1896. 2. congressional record. 51st Congress. 1889-90. 4. ..."
3. Constitution, Jefferson's Manual, and Rules of the House of Representatives by Clarence A. Cannon, United States Congress. House, Thomas Jefferson (1919)
"Tho arrangement, style, etc., of the congressional record is prescribed 5 899. ... While the House controls the congressional record, the Speaker with the ..."
4. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York public library (1921)
"(congressional record. Washington. Aug. 26, 1919. f°. v. 58, part 5, p. ... (congressional record. Washington, July *SAE Scudder, Doremus. Japan and China. ..."
5. Readings in American Government and Politics by Charles Austin Beard (1909)
"Communications between the Houses These extracts from the congressional record illustrate the way in which agreements and disagreements between the two ..."
6. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1918)
"XX-XXIII, 6-61 : congressional record. Vol. 40 (1905-06) pp. 54, 1164 ; Letter from the Acting ... 5; congressional record, Vol. 50 'ШЗ) p. 2365; Vol. ..."