Definition of Copper colored
1. Adjective. Of something having the color of copper.
Copper Colored Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Copper Colored Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Copper Colored
Literary usage of Copper colored
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1900)
"Engraved on copper. Colored by hand. Muslin, dissected to fold. 1768. Map of Nova Scotia, or Acadia, with the Islands of Cape Breton and St. John's, ..."
2. Bible Defence of Slavery: And Origin, Fortunes, and History of the Negro Race by Josiah Priest (1852)
"... advances made in architecture by the first Egyptians, till after Solomon— The pyramids built by the shepherd kings, a race of copper colored men of the ..."
3. Diary of a Little Girl in Old New York by Catherine Elizabeth Havens (1920)
"A young lady in Edinburgh told one of my Scotch cousins that she supposed all the Americans were copper colored, and he said, "Well, you know my father is a ..."
4. Graham's Magazine by Graham, George R, Edgar Allan Poe, John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress) (1852)
"Ol the crowd by whom we were surrounded, some were black as Negroes, others merely copper-colored, and others lidie darker than the ..."
5. Bible Defence of Slavery: And Origin, Fortunes, and History of the Negro Race by Josiah Priest (1852)
"... till after Solomon«- The pyramids built by the shepherd kings, a race of copper colored men of the blood of Shem, and not by the blacks of Egypt— For ..."
6. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1899)
"Engraved on copper, colored. (In Visscher, N., Atlas Minor. Amsterdam [1659?] F°.) L This may have been the first Dutch map published after the settlement ..."
7. Chemical Experiments: Illustrating the Theory, Practice, and Application of by George William Francis (1850)
"... on ti e head of the retort or alembic in the most beautiful copper-colored ... coppercolored ..."