Definition of Cornelis jansen
1. Noun. A Dutch Roman Catholic theologian (1585-1638).
Generic synonyms: Theologian, Theologiser, Theologist, Theologizer
Cornelis Jansen Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cornelis Jansen Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cornelis Jansen
Literary usage of Cornelis jansen
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Revised History of Harlem (City of New York): Its Origin and Early Annals by James Riker (1904)
"cornelis jansen and Lawrence Jansen, out of a certain parcel of Meadow Ground at Stone Island, being four lots, hath ejected, and from them unjustly and ..."
2. History of New Netherland by Edmund Bailey O'Callaghan (1855)
"He does not seem to have had any children. He had three brothers, cornelis jansen Cuyper ; cornelis jansen Damen ..."
3. Calendar of Wills on File and Recorded in the Offices of the Clerk of the by Berthold Fernow, New York (State). Court of Appeals, New York (State). Secretary's Office (1896)
"... now living with testator and called Jan Cornelissen Buys, alias Jan Damen, brothers cornelis jansen Cuyper, cornelis jansen Damen, Willem Jansen Damen, ..."
4. Harlem (city of New York): Its Origin and Early Annals: Its Origin and Early by James Riker (1881)
"cornelis jansen and Lawrence Jansen, for that you them, the said Daniel Tourneur, cornelis jansen and Lawrence Jansen, out of a certain parcel of Meadow ..."
5. Collections of the New York Historical Society for the Year ...by New-York Historical Society by New-York Historical Society (1893)
"Page 102, 13th line from top, for cornelis jansen ... read cornelis jansen Vanderveer. Page 150, 6th line from bottom, for P. De Lancey, read P. Delanoy. ..."