Definition of Cornell university
1. Noun. A university in Ithaca, New York.
Group relationships: Ivy League
Group relationships: Empire State, New York, New York State, Ny
Cornell University Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cornell University Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cornell University
Literary usage of Cornell university
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Who's who in America by John William Leonard, Albert Nelson Marquis (1903)
"cornell university cornell university was founded in 1865 by the combined bounty of the ... cornell university now comprises the following colleges .and ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1890)
""And this court does further find and decide that, at the date of the death of said Jennie McGraw Fiske, the said cornell university held and owned real and ..."
3. The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography: Being the History of the by James Terry White (1895)
"By the congressional enactment of 1862, from which a portion of the fund founding cornell university was derived, instruction iu military tactics was made ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1905)
"THE daily papers state that Attorney-General Mayer has decided to bring an action to deprive cornell university of 30000 acres of timber land between Tupper ..."