Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Counterdemand Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Counterdemand
Literary usage of Counterdemand
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery by Great Britain Court of Chancery, John Scott Eldon (1828)
"... from that time, the defendants would have to account for the rent without any counterdemand of interest. No case has been cited exactly similar. ..."
2. A Selection of Leading Cases, on Various Branches of the Law: With Notes by John William Smith, John Innes Clark Hare, Horace Binney Wallace, Henry Singer Keating, John William Wallace, James Shaw Willes (1855)
"A set-off, in the technical sense of the term, can only arise •where the demand of the plaintiff, and the counterdemand of the plaintiff, are certain, ..."
3. Is Mark a Roman Gospel? by Benjamin Wisner Bacon (1919)
"What avails it to disprove his opponent's positive affirmation, when he stands dumb before the counterdemand, " Well, if Moses and David did not write these ..."
4. A History of Modern Liberty by James Mackinnon (1908)
"He repeated the request some days later in response to the counterdemand for the redress of grievances. " I see you specially aim at the Duke of Buckingham ..."
5. A Students History of England from the Earliest Times to the Death of Queen by Samuel Rawson Gardiner (1908)
"Practically Edward's answer to Philip's effort to absorb all Aquitaine in France was a counterdemand that all France Royal arms of Edward IlL, ..."
6. Commentaries on the Roman-Dutch Law by Simon van Leeuwen, Hugo Grotius (1886)
"Jurisdiction is also tacitly admitted through reconvention, that is counterclaim or counterdemand, on the part as well of him who makes reclaim as of him ..."
7. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1914)
"... duty, or contract held by defendant when the suit was commenced, etc., is a counterdemand growing out of an independent transaction for which defendant ..."