Definition of Course of study
1. Noun. An integrated course of academic studies. "He was admitted to a new program at the university"
Terms within: Course Of Lectures
Generic synonyms: Info, Information
Specialized synonyms: Crash Course, Crash Program, Crash Programme, Reading Program, Degree Program
Derivative terms: Curricular
2. Noun. Education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings. "Flirting is not unknown in college classes"
Generic synonyms: Didactics, Education, Educational Activity, Instruction, Pedagogy, Teaching
Terms within: Coursework, Lesson, Lecture, Lecturing, Class Period, Course Session, Recitation
Specialized synonyms: Adult Education, Art Class, Childbirth-preparation Class, Correspondence Course, Course Of Lectures, Directed Study, Elective, Elective Course, Extension Course, Home Study, Industrial Arts, Orientation, Orientation Course, Propaedeutic, Propaedeutics, Refresher, Refresher Course, Required Course, Seminar, Shop, Shop Class, Workshop
Course Of Study Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Course Of Study Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Course Of Study
Literary usage of Course of study
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education by National Society for the Study of Education (1908)
"This course of study will outline the course, not only in history, but also in the related historical and classical readings and in geography, ..."
2. Annual Report by Cincinnati (Ohio), Board of Education, Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati (Ohio). Board of Education (1887)
"It shall be the duty of the Superintendent of Schools to see that the course of study and the text-books herein prescribed are faithfully adhered to, ..."
3. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Labor, United States Office of Education (1912)
"The course of study that follows is designed to give this preparation: COURSE OF STUDY FOR TEACHERS OF AGRICULTURE. 7.— Tlie plant (elementary study in ..."
4. The Journal of Geography by National Council of Geography Teachers (U.S.) (1905)
"THE TEXT, THE course of study AND THE TEACHER* BY RD CALKINS Professor of ... the text books or even to have compiled a course of study for the grades. ..."
5. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1906)
"A Plea for the Modern Course of Study LILLIAN I. LINCOLN, STATE NORMAL SCHOOL, FARMINGTON, ME. RECENT number of EDUCATION contains a criticism of the modern ..."
6. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"Am Phys Educ R 22:74-6 F '17 Report on a course of study for opportunity classes. LW Kline. Pedagog Sem 26:234- 53 S '19 Study of the slow and over-aged ..."
7. American Annals of the Deaf by Conference of Executives of American Schools for the Deaf (1907)
"Mr. President and Members of the Convention: * * * As chairman of the committee on "A Course of Study " it devolves upon me to ..."