Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Covelet Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Covelet
Literary usage of Covelet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"It spreads like a covelet over the pre-glacial irregularities of the surface. It caps the hills, attaining sometimes an ..."
2. Pleasantries of English Courts and Lawyers by John Cordy Jeaffreson (1876)
"... accepted this jest for truth, never troubled themselves to inquire if a single purse was so large that it could be converted into a covelet for a bed. ..."
3. The Life of Captain Sir Richd F. Burton by Isabel Burton (1893)
"... a road gashed on the scaur-side leading to a ' port,' that consists of a covelet and one house and the general look of a place fit only for convicts, ..."
4. Two Trips to Gorilla Land and the Cataracts of the Congo by Richard Francis Burton (1876)
"Guided by a hut upon the beach fronting French Factory and under lee of the breakers off Indian Bar, I landed near a tree-motte, in a covelet smoothed by a ..."
5. History of the British Possessions in the Mediterranean: Comprising by Robert Montgomery Martin (1837)
"... 1 blanket; 1 covelet; 1 set of boards and trestles; 1 bedside table, and all the necessary utensils; 1 shirt; 1 cap; 1 long jacket; 1 pair of trowsers. ..."
6. The Congo and the Founding of Its Free State: A Story of Work and Exploration by Henry Morton Stanley (1885)
"The En Avant was brought up to act as carrier between the landing-place of ,Vivi and the beach above the covelet called Belgique Creek (a cove of still ..."