Definition of Cow's head
1. Noun. A morel with the ridged and pitted fertile portion attached to the stipe for about half its length.
Group relationships: Family Morchellaceae, Morchellaceae
Generic synonyms: Morel
Cow's Head Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cow's Head Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cow's Head
Literary usage of Cow's head
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of Greek Coins: Central Greece (Locris, Phocis, Boeotia and Euboea) by Barclay Vincent Head, Reginald Stuart Poole, British Museum Dept. of Coins and Medals (1884)
"Obv. Б Cow,s head, facing. Rev. 5 Sepia, in incuse square. JK Obol. Wt 10-4 grs. [Six Collection.] Obv. Similar. Rev. Similar. ..."
2. Fraser's Magazine for Town and Country (1877)
"... derived from the octopus, is a most valuable addition to the history of ornamental art. I add a sketch although it is rough and only from COW S HEAD, ..."
3. The New York Obelisk, Cleopatra's Needle: With a Preliminary Sketch of the by Charles Edward Moldenke (1891)
"... or with a cow-s head with the disk between the horns, or as a spotted cow with plumes and the sun-s disk, or as a hawk with a female face and surmounted ..."
4. With Wilson in Matabeleland, Or, Sport and War in Zambesia by C. H. W. Donovan (1894)
"Imagine, if possible, a swarming mass of naked black savages, splashing in and out of the water—which had now assumed the SEA-COW S HEAD. semblance of a sea ..."