Definition of Critical appraisal
1. Noun. An appraisal based on careful analytical evaluation.
Generic synonyms: Appraisal, Assessment
Specialized synonyms: Criticism, Critique
Lexicographical Neighbors of Critical Appraisal
Literary usage of Critical appraisal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. U. S. Strategy to Counter Domestic Political Terrorism by James B. Motley (1993)
"Ì ORGANIZATION, AND STRATEGY: A critical appraisal ARE THE INFERENCES VALID? The previous chapter described an elaborate and extensive US antiterrorist ..."
2. Rehabilitation for Traumatic Brain Injury by Randall M. Chesnut, Oregon Health Sciences University (1999)
"this reason, critical appraisal of key studies plays a particularly important role in ... critical appraisal of Key Articles For each of the five questions, ..."
3. Building a Better Delivery System: A New Engineering/Health Care Partnership by Proctor P. Reid, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine (U.S.) (2005)
"Readers guide to critical appraisal of cohort studies: 3. Analytical strategies to reduce confounding. British Medical Journal 330(7498):1021-1023. ..."
4. The Information Universe: Issues in Informing Science and Information by Informing Science Institute, Eli Cohen, Ed. (2006)
"In a critical appraisal of the original informing science framework, Gackowski points out that information does not only reduce uncertainty but can increase ..."