¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Criticizable
Lexicographical Neighbors of Criticizable
Literary usage of Criticizable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Commonwealth by James Bryce Bryce (1908)
"Looked at in this light the marvel would seem tn be, not so much that the American cities are justly criticizable for many defects, but rather that results ..."
2. Proceedings of the American Society for Psychical Research by American Society for Psychical Research (1911)
"... where they seem to be the same state, lay manifest all sorts of perplexing contradictions from time 3 time without being ordinarily criticizable for it. ..."
3. Biographic Clinics by George Milbry Gould (1907)
"and in ridiculing "hobby-riding refraction cranks". The village optician is the least criticizable of the ten, except the first two or three. ..."
4. Surety Bonds: Nature, Functions, Underwriting Requirements by Edward Clark Lunt (1922)
"... Not criticizable on the score of indefiniteness was an application for a bond recently received by me from the prospective heir of a man, ..."
5. The Masterpieces and the History of Literature: Analysis, Criticism by Julian Hawthorne, John Russell Young, Oliver Herbrand Gordon Leigh, John Porter Lamberton (1906)
"... Least criticizable of all Voltaire's work are his histories— his masterly lives of Charles XII. arid Peter the Great, his surveys of the "Age of Louis ..."
6. The American Commonwealth by James Bryce Bryce (1888)
"Looked at in this light the marvel would seem to be, not so much that the American cities are justly criticizable for many defects, but rather that results ..."