¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cruzeiro
1. a monetary unit of Brazil [n -ROS]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cruzeiro Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cruzeiro
Literary usage of Cruzeiro
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Journey in Brazil by Louis Agassiz, Elizabeth Cabot Cary Agassiz (1886)
"CHAPTER IV. VOYAGE UP THE COAST TO PARA. 0» BOARD THK " cruzeiro DO SUL. ... On board the "cruzeiro do Sul." We sailed to-day at 11 o'clock, bidding good by ..."
2. A Journey in Brazil by Louis Agassiz, Elizabeth Cabot Cary Agassiz (1868)
"On board the "cruzeiro do Sul." We sailed to-day at 11 o'clock, bidding good by with regret, though not without hope of return, to the beautiful bay and ..."
3. Historia da litteratura portugueza by Teófilo Braga, Tunde Agarah (1907)
"Camões descrevendo a ilha de San Thomé (st. xn) e passado o meio do mundo (st. xni), descreve o espectaculo da Estrella Nova, ou o cruzeiro do Sul, ..."
4. Brazilian Wheat Policy: Its Costs, Benefits, and Effects on Food Consumption by Geraldo M. Calegar, George Edward Schuh (1988)
"On the consumption side, the subsidy was mainly an implicit subsidy until 1972, due primarily to the overvaluation of the cruzeiro (Appendix 1, ..."
5. Long-Term Brazilian Economic Growth: 1930-94 by Dorte Verner (1997)
"1n 1942, the cruzeiro (Cr$1.00) was introduced, equivalent to the ... In 1967 the cruzeiro novo (Ncr$ 1.00) corresponded to a thousand 1942 cruzeiros ..."