Definition of Cubitus
1. Noun. Hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped.
Terms within: Musculus Articularis Cubiti, Crazy Bone, Funny Bone
Group relationships: Arm
Generic synonyms: Ginglymoid Joint, Ginglymus, Hinge Joint
Derivative terms: Cubital, Elbow, Elbow
2. Noun. The arm from the elbow to the fingertips.
Definition of Cubitus
1. the forearm [n -TI]
Medical Definition of Cubitus
1. Synonym: elbow. Synonym: ulna. Origin: L. Elbow (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cubitus
Literary usage of Cubitus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Diseases of Children: A Work for the Practising Physician by Meinhard von Pfaundler, Arthur Schlossmann (1912)
"cubitus valgus is the term for an outward deviation of the forearm (with radius ... cubitus varus is the opposite deformity. cubitus valgus is to a certain ..."
2. A Treatise on Orthopaedic Surgery by Royal Whitman (1919)
"cubitus VALGUS—cubitus VARUS. cubitus valgus, in which the forearm is abducted at the elbow, and cubitus varus, in which it is inclined in the other ..."
3. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, George Robert Gray (1830)
"They are so placed that the cubitus forms the external edge of the arm, ... The cubitus is compressed; its upper head is triangular and cut obliquely. ..."
4. The London Medical Gazette (1833)
"In some rare cases the radius has been fractured, the cubitus dislocated, and protruded through the integuments. We hare a ease of this kind sufficiently ..."
5. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1899)
"Second cubital cell petiolate, oblong, in outline almost elliptical, and receiving both recurrent nervures ; cubitus in hind wings originating a little ..."
6. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1906)
"... du cubitus. Paris, C.-R. soc. biol., 55, 1903, (813-814). . 4279 Alfieri, E. Le dimension! degli arti in rapporto col Bp . a . ..."