Definition of Curtain lecture
1. Noun. A private lecture to a husband by his wife.
Curtain Lecture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Curtain Lecture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Curtain Lecture
Literary usage of Curtain lecture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin, John Bigelow (1875)
"... curtain lecture to John Adams. 1776. To Lord I RECEIVED safe, the letters your Lordship so ... curtain lecture ..."
2. A Journey to the Tea Countries of China: Including Sung-Lo and the Bohea by Robert Fortune (1852)
"... A Chinese Mrs. Caudle and a curtain lecture — Natural productions - Funereal cypress and ... curtain lecture ..."
3. Two Visits to the Tea Countries of China and the British Tea Plantations in by Robert Fortune (1853)
"... A Chinese Mrs. Caudle and a curtain lecture — Natural Productions — Funereal Cypress and other Trees — Our Boat seized for Debt and the Sail taken away ..."
4. The National Fifth Reader: Containing a Complete and Practical Treatise on by Richard Green Parker, James Madison Watson (1866)
"... but after 1812 he was no longer able to speak in the house. He died in 1816, and was buried in Westminster Abbey. V. 19. A curtain lecture OF MRS. ..."
5. Wild Life Among the Pacific Islanders by E. H. Lamont (1867)
"... Expedition —Chera Puna—Presents—curtain lecture—Scarcity of Cocoa- nuts—Departure from Matunga—Farewell to the Noble Turua —Passage through the ..."