¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cycloheximide
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Cycloheximide
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cycloheximide Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cycloheximide
Literary usage of Cycloheximide
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"Inhibition of Ovulation in Hamsters by the Protein Synthesis Inhibitors Diphtheria Toxin and cycloheximide (40639) JOHN J. ALLEY A,* PETER F. BONVENTRE,f ..."
2. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... min) followed by c-fos mRNA accumulation (about 20-fold after a 1-h stimulation), which was superinduced when cells were pretreated with cycloheximide. ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"The amnesic effect produced by injecting cycloheximide 30 minutes before training is presented in Table 2. Compared to controls injected with saline (group ..."
4. Oxygen/Nitrogen Radicals and Cellular Injury edited by Kenneth B. Adler, Robert D. Devlin, Val Vallyathan (2000)
"In the presence of cycloheximide, iNOS mRNA levels ¡n stimulated HAEC were decreased to 38 ± 3% of the control without protein synthesis inhibitor (Figure ..."
5. Gene Expression in Field Crops: Bibliography January 1991-November 1992 edited by Janet Saunders, Robert D. Warmbrodt (1995)
"... Scutellum; Enzyme activity, cycloheximide; Protein synthesis inhibitors; ... with cycloheximide in the absence of nitrate had only a small effect on the ..."
6. Recognition & Management of Pesticide Poisoning by Donald P. Morgan (1989)
"cycloheximide is formulated as wettable powders, sometimes combined with other ... cycloheximide is a product of fungal culture, effective against fungal ..."
7. Molecular Neurobiology: Proceedings of the Second Nimh Conference by Steven Zalcman (1995)
"... primary cultures of chick myotubes to the translation inhibitors cycloheximide ... mRNA did not persist after the subsequent addition of cycloheximide. ..."