Lexicographical Neighbors of Dancetty
Literary usage of Dancetty
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Alphabetical Dictionary of Coats of Arms Belonging to Families in Great by John Woody Papworth (1874)
"Gu. a fess dancetty betw. nine billets arg. four above and five below. ... S. Az. a fess dancetty betw. ten billets four and six ..."
2. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and by James Balfour Paul (1893)
"Vert, a fess dancetty erm. between a buck's head cabossed in chief and two escallops in base or, a mullet for difference. WILLIAM DUFF, third son of ..."
3. A Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry by Henry Gough, James Parker (1894)
"Azure, two bars dancetty or, a chief argent— Bt. Hon. ... dancetty with a cross formy issuing in chief gules—Arms ascribed to Begi- nald FITZ-JOCELYN, ..."
4. The Note-book of Tristram Risdon, 1608-1628 by Tristram Risdon, James Dallas, Henry G. Porter (1897)
"RICARDUS WEST, DOMINUS LA WARR : Argent, a.fess dancetty sable. WILLELMUS STURTON : ..., a bend ... between six roundels . ..."
5. Diary of the Marches of the Royal Army During the Great Civil War by Richard Symonds, Charles Edward Long (1859)
"The men differ in sheilds below, but the four above in every pane were all alike. Men's: Argent, a fess dancetty between ten billets sable ..."
6. Flags of the World by Byron McCandless, Gilbert Hovey Grosvenor (1917)
"The Japanese transport flag is identical with the- Japanese guard flag, with the exception that the- dancetty lines are biue instead of red. 760. ..."