Definition of Date bread
1. Noun. Bread containing chopped dates.
Date Bread Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Date Bread Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Date Bread
Literary usage of Date bread
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Better Meals for Less Money by Mrs Marietta McPherson Greenough (1917)
"Steam the same as Steamed Indian date bread (see No. 404). 404.—STEAMED INDIAN date bread 1% cups corn meal 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup rye meal % cup molasses ..."
2. Light Entertaining: A Book of Dainty Recipes for Special Occasions ...by Judson, Helena, Butterick Publishing Company by Judson, Helena, Butterick Publishing Company (1910)
"The roast beef with a timely accompaniment of pears, and the date bread for ... Chili powder to taste date bread. 2 cups graham flour IVa cups white flour ..."
3. The Chemical News and Journal of Industrial Science (1898)
"... With yield» Date. Bread-eaters, per unit. bushel» bushels, required Requiring averaging 12 7 Bushels. of wheat. ..."
4. More Recipes for Fifty by Frances Lowe Smith (1918)
"date bread Make as Raisin Bread, substituting three or four cups stoned and cut dates in place of raisins. Bake in slow oven, and serve cold. ..."