Definition of De niro
1. Noun. United States film actor who frequently plays tough characters (born 1943).
De Niro Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: De Niro Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of De Niro
Literary usage of De niro
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of the Reformation of the Sixteenth Century by Jean Henri Merle d'Aubigné (1857)
"... and not, like the Italians, at those to which Rome and her hierarchy were exposed, it was his earnest de- niro to combat and check it; and he judged the ..."
2. Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts & Nevis Alive!by Paris Permenter, John Bigley by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2001)
"In recent years, the islands have been chosen as a getaway for Oprah Winfrey, Sylvester Stallone, Danny Glover, Robert de niro and Michael J. Fox among ..."
3. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive! by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"... including Death Wish II, with Charles Bronson; True Confessions, with Robert de niro; and TV episodes of ..."
4. Mechanically Inclined: Building Grammar, Usage, and Style Into Writer's Workshop by Jeff Anderson (2005)
"—Robert de niro in Taxi Driver Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. —Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca The Case of the ..."
5. Ireland by Jenny Rees (2000)
"... Graham Knüttel, who lives next door and whose work is very popular with Hollywood stars (he has a commission to paint a portrait for Robert de Niro). ..."
6. Bolivia by Vivien Lougheed (2006)
"See the somewhat sanctimonious de Niro movie, The Mission, about this closure. The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church took a lot of these items because ..."