Definition of Deceased person
1. Noun. Someone who is no longer alive. "I wonder what the dead person would have done"
Generic synonyms: Individual, Mortal, Person, Somebody, Someone, Soul
Group relationships: Dead
Specialized synonyms: Infernal, Living Dead, Zombi, Zombie
Specialized synonyms: Lazarus
Derivative terms: Decease, Departed
Deceased Person Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Deceased Person Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deceased Person
Literary usage of Deceased person
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1903)
"91, 63 NW 255. it was held that where the estate of a deceased person has been fully administered, and a decree of distribution has been made, assigning the ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Executors and Administrators by Edward Vaughan Williams, Walter Vere Vaughan Williams (1877)
"... or such deceased person, or to appoint some person to rep- resent such estate for all the purposes of the suit or other proceeding, on such notice to ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Evidence by Simon Greenleaf, Simon Greenleaf Croswell (1892)
"... upon a claim against the estate of a deceased person, cannot testify as to any matter of fact occurring before the death of such deceased person. ..."
4. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie, David Shephard Garland (1893)
"Representatives of a deceased person are real or personal ; the former being heirs at law, and the latter ordinarily, executors or administrators.1 ..."
5. Business Law: A Working Manual of Every-day Law by Thomas Conyngton (1920)
"If the deceased person Left a Will If the deceased person left a will, the first thing to do would be to probate the will. If the deceased left any personal ..."
6. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1919)
"... transferee, or by the personal representative of a deceased person, the opposite party shall not be admitted to testify in his own favor against the ..."
7. Bouvier's Law Dictionary and Concise Encyclopedia by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle (1914)
"deceased person ; Scott v. Parker, 5 NY Supp. 753 ; checks drawn to the order of an existing person, whose indorsement is forged; Jordan Marsh Co. v. ..."