¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Decidual
1. decidua [adj] - See also: decidua
Medical Definition of Decidual
1. Relating to the decidua. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Decidual Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Decidual
Literary usage of Decidual
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"He concludes that in simple glandular hyperplasia no cells are of a decidual type are found, but the reverse is true when the glandular and interstitial ..."
2. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1901)
"That decidual cells may occur apart from pregnancy has been proved ... Huge (3~) has pointed out that decidual cells may appear in endometritis; ..."
3. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"The decidual reaction was long supposed to be limited to the uterus and tubes. ... It has long been recognized that the cervix may show decidual change, ..."
4. Fibroids and Allied Tumours (myoma and Adenomyoma): Their Pathology by Cuthbert Henry Jones Lockyer (1918)
"VI decidual REACTION IN A SUBSEROUS MYOMA decidual reaction has been demonstrated in ... The occurrence of decidual metaplasia in these tumours has, indeed, ..."
5. Transactions of the Obstetrical Society of London by Obstetrical Society of London (1904)
"It would seem that the decidual and decidua-like change is the result of increased nutrition. decidual changes are found elsewhere than in the endometrium. ..."