2. Verb. (third-person singular of decontrol) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Decontrols
1. decontrol [v] - See also: decontrol
Lexicographical Neighbors of Decontrols
Literary usage of Decontrols
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. How Our Laws Are Made: Bicentennial Edition 1789-1989 by Edward F. Willett (1995)
"This is a compromise between the House bill which decontrols such gas on enactment (approximately July 1, 1989), and the Senate bill which ..."
2. Development Strategies and Food and Nutrition Security in Africa: An Assessment by F Heidhues (2004)
"Price decontrols were approached with hesitation, especially for staple foods (for example, maize in Kenya), and there were some policy reversals, ..."
3. The Politics of Trade and Industrial Policy in Africa: Forced Consensus? by Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Michael Osita Ogbu, Ha-Joon Chang (2004)
"... that included privatisation of parastatals, liberalisation of the financial and energy sectors, price decontrols, and phasing out of import controls. ..."
4. U.S. Export Control and Nonproliferation Policy and the Role and edited by Strom Thurmond (2001)
"China has been the primary beneficiary of the Clinton administration's decontrols of supercomputers. Indeed, most of the major producers, such as Silicon ..."
5. Inflation and Growth in China: Proceedings of a Conference Held in Beijing edited by Manuel Guitian, Robert Mundell (1998)
"Forced to act, the Government tightened monetary conditions, reduced investment, scrapped further decontrols, and postponed the projected elimination of the ..."
6. Agricultural Policy Reforms and Regional Market Integration in Malawi by Alberto Valdés, Joachim von Braun, Kay Muir-Leresche (1993)
"... could develop even if there were no internal changes, but also shows how synchronized internal decontrols would reinforce the benefits from trade. ..."
7. African Voices on Structural Adjustment by P. Thandika Mkandawire, Charles Chukwuma Soludo (2003)
"The reform measures implemented include devaluation, privatization, removal of consumer subsidies, price decontrols, liberalization of interest rates, ..."