Definition of Deep-fat-fry
1. Verb. Fry in deep fat. "The chefs deep-fat-fry the vegetables"; "Deep-fry the potato chips"
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deep-fat-fry
Literary usage of Deep-fat-fry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Boston Cooking-school Cook Book by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1911)
"Cool, and drop small pieces from tip of teaspoon into deep fat. Fry until brown and crisp, and drain on brown paper. ..."
2. Everyday Desserts by Olive Green (1911)
"Drop by tablespoonfuls into deep fat, fry brown, skim out, and serve hot with sweet sauce. FRENCH FRITTERS—II Boil a cupful of water and a tablespoonful of ..."
3. How to Cook Vegetables by Olive Green (1909)
"... of two well beaten and beat until cold. Work in half a cupful of flour and drop by teaspoonfuls into deep fat. Fry until brown and drain on brown paper. ..."
4. A Textbook of Domestic Science for High Schools by Matilda Gertrude Campbell (1913)
"Cut 3 or 4 parallel incisions, run finger in and out of them, and drop into deep fat. Fry the same as doughnuts, and roll in powdered sugar and cinnamon. ..."
5. The American Home Diet: An Answer to the Ever Present Question : What Shall by Elmer Verner McCollum, Nina Simmonds (1920)
"Beat eggs until light, add milk, and combine mixtures, then add lemon juice and banana forced through sieve. Drop by spoonfuls into deep fat, fry until a ..."
6. A New Book of Cookery by Fannie Merritt Farmer (1915)
"Twist several times, pinch ends together, drop into hot deep fat, fry until delicately browned and drain on brown paper. Health Food Doughnuts \i cup sugar ..."
7. The Malone Cook Book by Mrs George Hawkins (1917)
"Drop by spoonfuls into deep fat, fry six to eight minutes, drain and serve hot. Mrs. Willard H. Ames. Chicken Mousse Salad.— One cup of hot chicken stock, ..."
8. Everyday Dinners by Olive Green (1911)
"Put into a frying-basket and plunge into deep fat. Fry brown and crisp, drain, and serve with broiled steak. STEAK BORDELAISE Select a thick steak and broil ..."