Definition of Defendants
1. Noun. (plural of defendant) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Defendants
1. defendant [n] - See also: defendant
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Defendants Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Defendants
Literary usage of Defendants
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1920)
"Son Л Со. Judgment for defendants was affirmed by the Supreme Court of Illinois (268 111. 435, 109 NE 327, Ann. Cas. 1916D, 810), anrt plaintiff brings ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1910)
"Judgment for plaintiff, and defendants appeal. Affirmed. Civil action to recover on a judgment rendered In plaintiff's favor, at October term, 1906, ..."
3. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Frederick James Hall, Philip Twells, Charles Christopher Pepys Cottenham (1851)
"The defendants admitted that they had held the office of conservators:—Held, that the answer was insufficient. A Plaintiff ia entitled to a discovery from ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Edward Thurlow Thurlow, Alexander Wedderburn Rosslyn, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1844)
"The persons, who were to claim the real estate, either as affected by the will, or not, were Co-defendants ; and therefore the question as to what passed by ..."
5. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1913)
"The defendants pleaded the judgment of the State Court in bar as being res ad- judicata in favor of the defendants on the question whether the alleged ..."
6. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: With by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, George Mifflin Wharton (1845)
"To this declaration three of the defendants pleaded Not guilty, and the rest (including ,fii/ni. Ames and Janet his wife) suffered judgment by default. ..."
7. The Law Reports by Great Britain Court of Chancery, George Wirgman Hemming (1874)
"The defendants, by their solicitors, insisted that the documents belonging to the customers ... Barnetts & Co. gave notice to the defendants of their claim, ..."